Solid Waste & Recycle Management
Trash collection service is initiated at the same time the resident applies for water and sewer service. There is no charge for initiating the service and billing for the service will appear as a line item on subsequent water and sewer bills. Following the start-up billing period, future billing will occur on a bimonthly basis.
Significant items are as follows:
- Collection and recycling occurs only on Monday of each week. When Christmas and New Year’s Day fall on Monday, collection will take place on Tuesday.
- Containers should be placed near the edge of the street by 7 am in front of your property.
- Solid waste is generally regarded as household waste but does not include motor oil, paints, and other toxic waste. Special collections for these items are provided periodically in the community.
- Several times a year Household Hazardous Waste Events are scheduled to dispose of toxic waste. View a list of acceptable and unacceptable items as well as dates.
- Residential waste also does not include large appliances, mattresses, or other similar household items. Disposition of these items have special EPA requirements and must be separately negotiated with the service provider by the resident. For a bulky item pick up service you can contact Waste Connections at 512-282-3508.
- At Christmas time, Waste Connections will pick up your Christmas trees at no additional charge. Trees may be up to six feet in length (any tree taller than 6 feet must be cut in half by resident.)
- To start and stop service, get answers to billing or service questions or to register complaints, please call the Village Offices at 512-261-6281.