- Mayor and City Council
Mayor and City Council
The City Council is comprised of a Mayor and five Councilmembers:
- Greg Wharton, Mayor (Term - 2022-2024)
- Hilda C. Potsavich, Councilmember / Mayor Pro Tem (Term - 2022-2024)
- Sarah Carroll, Councilmember (Term - 2021-2023)
- Rick Van Dalen, Councilmember / Treasurer (Term - 2021-2023)
- Jim Vick, Councilmember / Secretary (Term - 2022-2024)
- Amy Ovlen Wharton, Councilmember (Term - 2022-2024)
Along with the Mayor, the City Council enacts policy, establishes project priorities, and oversees the annual budget. In August 2017, the Mayor and City Council adopted the following Mission Statement:
"To enhance quality of life and safety of our residents with a focus on the continuing improvement of property values within The Hills, at the most cost effective value proposition."
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meeting. Minutes are available following approval. All meetings are open to the public.
View the most recent Agenda and Minutes.
Code of Ethics
Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month, at 9:00 AM in the Conference Room located at 102 Trophy Drive, The Hills, 78738 or via Zoom (details found on official meeting agenda posted 72 hours prior to meeting).
City Council Committees
Village of The Hills holds annual elections on the November uniform election date (first Tuesday in November).
Election Information: The City Council is made up of six members (mayor and five councilmembers). Terms are for two years. All councilmembers are elected “at large”. All office holders for city elective office shall meet the requirements for public office prescribed by state and federal law. The candidate must be a registered voter, 18 years of age at the date of election, who has resided in the city for 6 months and the state for 12 months.
- Date of next officer elections: November 7, 2023
- Register to Vote: Travis County Voter Registration Application
- Polling locations are set by Travis County as election date nears.
Please refer to the links below for more useful information on municipal elections and voter information:
Travis County Clerk – Elections Division and Voter Registration Search
Texas Secretary of State – Elections Division
Ordinances & Resolutions
Ordinances and resolutions, along with meeting agendas and minutes, may be viewed on this website or at the Village of The Hills office.